Sorry to break it to you, but you don’t become a network marketing professional the moment you sign up. It takes time! But not as much time as you think.
The bottom line is that you have to build your way up to being a network marketing professional, just like any other profession. The big advantage is that while you learn, you can earn! It also doesn’t take years like it would a lawyer or doctor. But you must be coachable and of course, you must do the work.
There are three steps to being seen as a network marketing professional. You can’t rush these steps and you can’t skip them. You also need to set your expectations accordingly. On day one of your business, you will NOT have the success of a top earner! You haven’t built the reputation. So don’t copy what a top earner does TODAY — learn what that top earner would do if s/he would start over or what they did to obtain success. Follow in their footsteps — but remember to do that you are behind them. 🙂
Without further ado, here are the 3 steps to get you to professional.
Be A Promoter
For the first 30 days, you should just promote the products of your company (network marketing, affiliate — all of it applies here). Use other people’s stories to generate excitement. At first, you can use their copywriting (if they have it), but if not, create your own. Don’t worry about being a copy writing master; just write something that would appeal to you if you were to see the ad. Remember that we are learning while we work.
What to Learn:
- The basics about your company. Learn the back office, where to find content, collect links to distribute.
- Online marketing basics. Pick ONE social media platform to learn (I can help you find some free training, just ask me). Implement what you learn.
- Prospecting & Lead generation basics.
You want to promote several times a day (in different places). For example, you can post on your Facebook page, and also post in relevant Facebook groups (check the groups rules first).
Be A Personality
After about 30 days of consistent promoting (consistency is key: it not only builds good habits, but it increases your skill), add your own flair. Let people get to know you. You will continue to promote other’s products, but this time add your story in the mix. Did this product help you? Did you learn from it? Did you have success implementing X? Talk about these products in relation to YOU. People want to know more about you and will need to trust you for you to grow. Be honest about the promotion and story: it doesn’t have to be ALL amazing! Your honesty will endear you to your audience.
What To Learn:
- Learn a little more about the products you are promoting. Use them so you have a story to tell.
- Online marketing — keep going
- Prospecting and lead generation — keep going
- Start a habit of learning something new every day. You should not only be learning business skills, but self development as well.
Be A Professional
You should get to this point at about day 90, but only if you were consistent with the above! The magic secret? You don’t “do” anything to become a professional — others start to see you as such. But to help them along, now is the time to start posting your success stories. Don’t be shy if you “only” generated 10 leads or made $100. So many people haven’t even gotten that far!!! It is far easier for people to relate to you gaining small success than it is to relate to top earners who can make 5 figures in one day. People want to see your journey. They will automatically come to you for questions and advice.
Remember that the key to being a professional is that you will do enough work and tell many others about your success so that others see you as a professional.
What To Learn:
- Keep going with the above
- Once you start mastering one social media platform for 90 day (or you are generating 10 leads a day from said platform), pick another to master
- online marketing: there is so much to learn from copywriting to SEO. Pick a topic an implement what you learn. Don’t try to take on too much at once.
- Prospecting & lead generation: you will get better as you DO more. Again, pick a strategy and consistently keep at it until you master it. Then pick another one.
One of my mentors, Diane Hochman, says “go slow to go fast.” Go Slow To Go Fast! Building on small success will create a snowball effect. Click To Tweet Building slowly and gaining not only good habits but experience will allow your success to build on itself and your income will rise faster than you think!
To Your Victory,
Email: [email protected]